The A Class was a large variant of the R and S Class - mainly radial axle wheels and a larger bunker. The smaller driving wheels were retained for freight use along with the shorter boiler and round top firebox.
The first batch consisted of 10 engines, ordered from Robert Stephenson & Co. in 1909 (RR Nos 10-14, 115-199). In 1911 a further batch of 6 engines was placed with Hudswell Clark (RR Nos 15, 18-22).
This is a multimedia kit with beam compensation etched in Nickel Silver with printed or cast brass parts and "Marine End" coupling rods. As per normal wheels, motor/gearbox, paint and transfers required to finish.
This kit can only be purchased to order
Current delivery 4-6 weeks