The Cardiff Railway purchased 6, 0-6-0 tank Locos from Kitson between 1889 and 1899. The unusual sloping tanks and lack of a coal bunker behind the cab made these quite distinctive. The first 2 had flat tanks with rounded top edges, similar to the Brecon & Merthyr Class 45s. A hole was left under the tanks to allow access to lubricate the motion. Two small 1 Ton capacity coal bunkers were incorporated as part of the water tanks which protruded into the cab.
In 1919 the CR bought a seventh engine and numbered 7 (GWR 685), this carried a lined livery and worked passenger services. It was later sold to the colliery industry and is pictured on the left.
They were fitted with 4' 6" wheels and were primarily intend for working in the docks.
Cardiff Railway numbers were 29, 30, 3, 13, 4, 8 & 7 these became 692, 691, 686, 690, 687, 688 & 685 respectively under GWR ownership.
All were sold out by 1931 and it is reasonable to believe that some went into industrial use at collieries or other industrial complexes besides No7, pictured left NCB No2 at Coppice colliery Ex. Glyncarrog colliery.
This is a multimedia kit with sprung compensation etched in Nickel Silver with printed or cast brass parts and "Marine End" coupling rods. As per normal wheels, motor/gearbox, paint, and transfers required to finish.